Pastor Steven preached this week, continuing the message on Looking Forward to Normal from the past two weeks. My notes are below.
- Jesus is attracted to what other people back away from.
- Philippians 1:12-22
- The kingdoms of this world and the Kingdom of our God do not have much in common.
- Offended is a decision.
- God’s ways actually work.
- As your life changes, God’s word doesn’t change, but your perspective does.
- While you’re waiting, learn to worship. It’s the worship that you learn to offer God while you’re waiting that prepares your heart for His word.
- Often in waiting seasons God is preparing our hearts.
- The word “advance” means to make headway despite significant opposition.
- The most productive part may not be the prettiest; the greatest miracles in your life may be during the greatest mess.
- What is happening in me is always more important than what is happening to me.
- Fruit without root doesn’t last long.
- The truth is in the tension; the presence of faith does not eliminate uncertainty.
- The fruit of the spirit is joy, but the root of the spirit is priorities.
- I don’t need to know how it ends to know that I’ll see the glory of God in the middle of it.
- Releasing my need to know is the hardest thing.
- Some of us are so used to scarcity that when God brings abundance we reject it because we do not know what to do with it.
- Our need to know is what keeps us from receiving.
- Who told you that what you’ve known is normal?
- I need my mind to be not conformed by my situation, but transformed by my revelation.
- Philippians 1:17-18
- When you get it clear what actually matters, it’ll set you free.
- What if this season is fast-forwarding us into right priorities?
- Romans 8:18-28
- God is setting me free from everything that doesn’t look like Him.
- Focus is always chosen.
- Numbers 13:27-28
- They were so focused on what they feared that they didn’t even eat/enjoy the fruit they carried.
- Faith comes from focus but so does fear. The land does flow, but you have to focus.
- Are you going to let what you don’t know become greater than the God that you do?
We finished off with singing “Graves into Gardens“.
You can watch the entire message below (which I recommend you do!).
If you enjoy my content, would you consider supporting me by Buying Me A Coffee? These small donations add up to support the cost of managing this website. I’d love to see them overflow into supporting my writings! Any support, even just kind words in a comment, go so far. Thank you!