The worship experience this week was online for everyone due to concerns with COVID-19, but in my opinion it was one of the best ones yet because ironically, with everyone separated, the intentionally to connect and be available was stronger than ever.
Worship began with “My Testimony” and “Won’t Stop Now“, then Pastor Steven and Holly and some campus pastors and the online pastor came up and talked about ways to connect online throughout the week. Egroups can meet online and the various campuses have Facebook groups where you can connect and pray for each other as well.
“We have to guard our hearts from things that may be rooted in some facts but are ultimately grounded in fear.” Pastor Steven Furtick
We continued worship with “The Blessing” and “Graves into Gardens” (I’m linking the one with Brandon Lake because Elevation Worship finally released it on YouTube!), before Pastor Robert Madu got up to speak to us this weekend.
- Whatever story you let sink into your soul will navigate your life.
- Acts 3:1-10
- Anytime you have stagnation in a place that was created for movement, you will find frustration.
- God is always taking you somewhere: from faith to faith and glory to glory.
- “The steps of the righteous are ordered”
- “The Spirit of God was moving on the surface of the waters”–the first thing God revealed about Himself was that He moved
- Your praise isn’t quarantined!
- God is a God of movement.
- Holy Spirit fell in the room where the disciples were stuck hiding away.
- What culture calls contradiction, the kingdom calls collaboration.
- If God can get your attention, He can shift your direction and exceed your expectations.
- The beauty of being stuck is that you don’t have to stay stuck.
We finished with coming back into “Graves into Gardens“. Pastor Steven and Holly came on stage to give us a sort of send-off, with Holly reading Psalm 23 in The Passion Translation.
“The Lord is my best friend and my shepherd. I always have more than enough. He offers a resting place for me in his luxurious love. His tracks take me to an oasis of peace, the quiet brook of bliss. That’s where he restores and revives my life. He opens before me pathways to God’s pleasure and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness so that I can bring honor to his name. Lord, even when your path takes me through the valley of deepest darkness, fear will never conquer me, for you already have! You remain close to me and lead me through it all the way. Your authority is my strength and my peace. The comfort of your love takes away my fear. I’ll never be lonely, for you are near. You become my delicious feast even when my enemies dare to fight. You anoint me with the fragrance of your Holy Spirit; you give me all I can drink of you until my heart overflows. So why would I fear the future? For your goodness and love pursue me all the days of my life. Then afterword, when my life is through, I’ll return to your glorious presence to be forever with you!”
You can watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!