It was a great weekend in the house of the Lord!
Worship began this weekend with singing “My Testimony”, “Gone”. After this week’s YTHTV, Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes joined us in worshipping to “Worthy”. Afterwords, Kari introduced a new song written by Pastor Steven, Chris Brown, Kari Jobe, and Cody Carnes: “The Blessing”.
Pastor Steven was preaching up a storm this weekend! It’s better to watch it for yourself, but if you don’t have time or need a refresher, here’s my notes:
- Acts 11:1-19
- The space between what you know and what you think you know sometimes is the story that you tell yourself that keeps you stuck.
- Beware of second-hand stories.
- Can we stop letting our opinions of others be determined by the opinions of others?
- Over time, tradition gets in the way of truth to the point where you can think that tradition is the truth.
- What stories are you holding onto that are not the stories God has said about your life?
- When you label yourself, you limit yourself.
- Someone may have rejected you because of how they felt about themselves. Don’t take their story [of rejection] as your story.
- When I make myself the center of the story I take on unnecessary stress.
- When you get scared, you start acting selfish because you’re in protection mode.
- Sometimes we start telling ourselves stories about others instead of remembering that they have stories too.
- You are always choosing your story.
- You don’t get to choose every situation but you get to choose the story.
- Just because it’s hard doesn’t mean God’s not in it.
- I get to choose the story that I tell.
- Acts 10:39-40
You can watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!