Welcome back to another week on the blog! Are you all interested in reading more of my writings on here or do you prefer just the sermon notes? I’ve been considering writing more but didn’t know what content resonated with y’all.
Pastor Steven was preaching part three of the Kingdom Clout series, “Ghosted”, this week. My notes are as follows:
- Acts 1:1-9
- It’s not an end, it’s a beginning. You might be standing on what you are calling an ending that’s really a beginning, and it all depends on your perspective.
- You’re still chosen.
- There are two ways to live life: chasing or chosen.
- You can spend your life chasing approval or knowing you are chosen by the One who created you.
- You don’t chase certain things anymore after you know you are chosen.
- There’s a huge difference between acknowledging God’s presence and welcoming it; welcoming it means we’ll work with it even if it’s uncomfortable or illogical or inconvenient.
- The disciples experienced the power of Jesus’ presence and the power of His absence.
- In the absence of answers, faith is born. In the absence of resource, creativity is born.
- Even when it doesn’t feel it, it can be good. It doesn’t have to feel good to you to be good for you.
- The power of God’s presence is often most potent in what appears to be His absence.
You can watch the full message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!