How fitting this title is because this isn’t what I pictured–I did not mean to get this post up later than I usually do! I was doing a lot of listening, processing, and writing with God over the weekend that uploading my notes *kind of* slipped my mind. Thanks for your grace and patience with me anyway!
One of the things keeping me from writing up these notes has been interceding for the resurrection of Olive, the daughter of a worship leader who shares my namesake (albeit with a different spelling).
I would love for y’all to join me in praying life back into her. And while we’re at it, I’ve been praying for the Lusko family; they lost a 5 year old daughter this time of year 6-7 years ago, and I know that pain must be close to their hearts.
Pastor Steven preached this week; my notes read:
- Hebrews 11:3 KJV
- If life isn’t turning out how you pictured it, you may need to ask yourself where you got your picture from.
- Matthew 1:17-20
- Before Jesus was seen, he existed.
- So many of our bad decisions are because we do what we had in mind before we check what God had in store.
- The greatest hope that the world was ever given came through the greatest disappointment that Joseph would ever know.
- God interrupts Joseph’s plan for His greater purpose.
- God might have a different picture than you.
- The problem is not your situation, it’s your picture.
- Are you trying to build your life by the wrong picture of what you thought it would be or what you think you’re supposed to be?
- Matthew 1:21
- The message of Christmas is about His presence, not my picture.
- Did you get your picture from the Word or from the world?
- Are you framing this season of your life with your faith or with your fear?
- God isn’t building your picture He’s building your purpose.
- Switch the picture and put God back in the center of the frame.
- When you understand how He came you can understand why He came.
- God always chooses to use what people deem as insignificant.
- Impossible situations are places where faith is born. If it’s impossible for you, it’s fertile for God.
You can watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!