It’s Tuesday again! Welcome back to another notes post! I know I only post my notes from Elevation Church each week, but I would also HIGHLY recommend watching Transformation Church’s messages on YouTube and listening to Upper Room’s podcast. I watch/listen to them each week also but just don’t have time to type my notes from all three up for y’all. (Sorry.)
Wade Joye was in the house this week sharing the word; my notes read:
- Philippians 4:6-13
- There’s a secret to being content IN your situation, not necessarily WITH it.
- Stop chasing contentment. Practice it. Contentment is not a chase, it’s a practice. It takes practice to make something that isn’t natural feel natural.
- Contentment is not believing for a “no” so that you won’t be disappointed if you don’t get a “yes”. That’s not contentment; that’s complacency.
- God wants us to ask Him to move and to work.
- I can focus on the thing that feeds my fear or I can pivot my heart to focus on what feeds my faith.
- Your greatest weapon in the fight for contentment is worship and keeping an atmosphere of faith.
- Contentment is never in the next season if we cannot cultivate it in the now.
- Psalm 139:9-12
You can watch the whole message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!