I can already tell this week’s message is going to be spot on. You do not want to miss this!
We began worship with Elevation Worship’s very own “Echo“, followed by a brand-new song of theirs, “My Testimony”, and their song “Authority”, finishing with one of my absolute favorites, “Hallelujah Here Below“.
Pastor Steven was in the house this week; my notes on his message read:
- Hebrews 6:9
- Sometimes in order to get to better you have to go through backwards.
- Sometimes we go back because we think it makes more sense than what is actually better.
- Sometimes we have to be comfortable accepting that loss is the way to gain. Sometimes the most painful moments are the most purposeful.
- I need to not compare myself with people who aren’t the standard anyway.
- What if “better” is not always higher–what if it’s deeper? What if it’s not a feeling, but a foundation?
- What if “better” is not always what God is doing for you but what He’s doing through you?
- What if better is right in front of us but we don’t recognize it so we don’t receive it?
- The only standard worthy of your comparison is of Christ in you, the hope of glory.
- Don’t let the quest for better in your life make you miss the grace of God that is already present.
- Hebrews 1:1-4
You can watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!