As you’ll probably discern from the length of today’s notes, this past weekend’s message is one you’re going to want to watch for yourself!
Pastor Furtick was preaching this week; my notes read as follow:
- God is really good at stepping in at just the right time.
- If it’s not good, God’s not done.
- Ecclesiastes 11:5-6
- The limit of God’s potential is your belief in what He can do.
- God breathes into things and it’s so important that we receive it when He does.
- The only way for potential to be revealed is for process to be embraced.
- You can never know the potential of a seed by looking at it; the only way to really know the potential is to plant it.
- It will not be shown until it is sown.
- Until the seed is sacrificed, you’ll never know what was in it.
- 1 Kings 19:19
- He’s plowing, not posing or posting.
- A lot of the things you’ve been praying away, God has been plowing into.
- You have no idea what your encouragement can be until you plant it.
- Dirt might look like it covers up potential but it can also grow it and multiply it.
- Potential is revealed in the process but the first step is to release; until you release it, you can’t watch it grow.
- I have to let go of what I think I’m supposed to be to become what I am.
- When you let go of what is “supposed to be” in your mind, you make room for what God plans to be planted.
- Sometimes we strangle the seed of opportunity by trying to control it.
- You have to sow it when you feel it and sow it when you don’t; the seed gets planted whether you peacefully release it or angrily throw it into the ground.
- The seed has to remain in order to reproduce. Why would we think God can grow what He wants to grow in our lives when we keep uprooting when things get uncomfortable?
- The soil matters: you could have a really good seed but it can’t grow if it’s in a soil that’s unworthy of its presence–this is the power of environment, that what is around the seed determines whether what is within the seed comes out of the seed.
- Why do we think that God can bless us to grow when every time the soil gets uncomfortable, we uproot ourselves and move? God uses some uncomfortable things to grow us, but if you never stay, you’ll never see it.
- Only God knows how long it will take for me to become all that I am.
- 1 John 3:2
- We are God’s children now, but what we shall be has not yet appeared, and it can only appear if we remain. It will be revealed if we remain.
- The enemy can never remove what God has put in you, but if he can keep you from sowing it, you will never know what it could have been.
- The thing that makes you powerful makes you vulnerable; an unguarded strength is a double weakness.
- Never judge the size of the resource by the size of the supply.
- Potential is revealed in process.
- There’s just as much potential for God to move for a small thing in your life as there is for Him to move for a big thing.
- There’s so much still in you but you won’t know if you stop sowing.
- 2 Kings 13:20-21
- The attack always happens when the harvest is coming.
- If the enemy can’t keep you from sowing, he wants to make you walk away when you’re about to reap it.
We ended with singing “Resurrecting“.
You can watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!