Again, an on-time word from Elevation! I have so many notes this week that I am excited to share!
Matthews campus Pastor Larry Brey (honestly one of my favorites at Elevation) brought us an incredible word this week. My notes read:
- 1 Chronicles 11:1-5
- Exodus 3:17
- Sometimes the longer we live outside of seeing God’s promises fulfilled, the more we begin to think it isn’t true.
- All God’s promises are yes and amen.
- You will see God’s promises come to pass in your life.
- Some of us walk away from promises because we aren’t expecting the problems.
- Deuteronomy 7:1
- Our job is to possess, God’s job is to drive out.
- New opportunities come with new opponents.
- Some of us are defeated and that’s why we don’t move towards possession–we’re looking at the enemy instead of the promise, the one who’s inhabiting it instead of the one who gave it to us!
- One of the reasons we don’t possess the promises is because we are intimidated by the inhabitants in the land.
- The size of my opponent is proportional to the size of my promise.
- Deuteronomy 7:22
- It’s not your job to fight it, but it is your job to possess it.
- We possess little by little so that we can develop the strength from the opponents.
- I don’t get to the promise, I grow to/in the promise.
- The greatest gift God can give you is dependence on Him.
- Promise, Possess, Persevere
- Hebrews 10:36
- Your part of the promise is perseverance.
- When I start interpreting the promises based off of the scenery, I stop possessing the promises.
- Possession is not a passive experience; it is an active participation.
- If He promised it, I have the potential to experience it in my life.
- God’s promises are still available to you even if you’ve been overlooked.
- God’s promises in your life are the ones that make you whole.
- You will never possess it if you don’t persevere to move towards it.
This was a really spot-on, on-time word for me and I hope it will be for you as well. Please find some time this week to watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!