This week’s message was so impactful that it drew me right in and I know I didn’t write down as many notes as I could have–I was too focused on watching it! So even though these notes are longer than normal, there’s way more things I didn’t write down that I would recommend watching it yourself if you can make the time!
We began worship this week with singing “Echo” by Elevation Worship and “Raise a Hallelujah” by Bethel Music, followed by Elevation Worship’s new, unrecorded songs “Love Won’t Give Up” and “No One Beside”. We ended with some spontaneous “Here I Am to Worship“.
Pastor Steven was back in the house this week; my notes read:
- John 7:1-13
- I don’t have to post it to prove it.
- The people we treat the worst are usually the ones we depend on the most.
- Any time you have unbelief in your heart, it will try to get you to perform to prove something that you don’t really believe.
- Jesus was perfect and even He didn’t please everybody; He literally told His family, “I love you, but that’s not for me”.
- Are my priorities more on my statistics than my substance?
- Sometimes people don’t need your performance; they just need your presence.
- Unbelief always leads to performance.
- If you’re doing it for the wrong audience and they don’t clap, you’ll quit.
- When God is your audience, the opinions of people are no longer your sustenance.
- When we give too much weight to the whispers of people and not enough weight to the Word of God, it will kill us on the inside.
- Just because it’s normal doesn’t mean it’s wise.
- Proving stuff to people never produced the power of God.
- There are places you’ll have to stay away from on purpose in order to live in His peace.
You can watch the full message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!