This week we’re continuing our series, Maybe God, with another great and thought-provoking message from Pastor Steven Furtick.
My notes read:
- Matthew 11:2-6
- When you don’t understand someone’s expectations, you can’t make sense of their disappointments.
- Faith is an expectation–a confident assurance that a negative circumstance still holds the potential to produce great purpose in my life.
- I can walk into something dark and light it up because the light of the world lives in me.
- Faith is an expectation to know that even if the sequence of events doesn’t make sense in my life, there is a God who is outside of time because He is eternal.
- I don’t have to live in suspense as to whether or not I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
- The favor of the Lord is the filter through which I view the fights of my life.
- When you have an expectation, you need to make sure to connect yourself with people that have a similar expectation, because expectations are contagious.
- If we only learn to identify God by what He does, and what He does for us, then our expectation will be attached to His activity.
- Matthew 3:11-12
- The way God grows my faith is usually to disappoint my expectations.
- Our faith cannot rest in our ideas of who we think God is.
- Am I going to interpret God through the lens of my expectations or am I going to set my expectations on the basis of who God is?
- As long as I’m in the prison of what I thought, I cannot be a part of what God is doing.
- When you’re set free from what you thought it was going to be, then you’re free to embrace what it is.
You can watch the full message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!