This week is the 13th anniversary of Elevation Church and we celebrated well! Keep reading to check out my notes from this phenomenal service.
Pastor Carl Lentz of Hillsong New York came to preach on this anniversary weekend of Elevation Church, which was such a treat!
My notes read:
- John 16:31-33
- You have more peace in your life than you think you do; maybe you just need to ask Holy Spirit to show you where it is. If you lost your peace, that would have to mean that Jesus left you and He has already said He will never leave you or forsake you so that means your peace is in you!
- I am a Christian, therefore peace is with me.
- It’s one thing to “make your peace WITH God.” It’s another thing to find your peace in Jesus daily!
- Romans 5:1-2
- It’s not about our performance; our peace is in Jesus.
- Jesus saved us not just to give us peace for eternity but for us to live differently while we’re here!
- I don’t want to be a victim of not knowing what I have access to when it comes to the things of God.
- Why we need supernatural peace: uncertainty isn’t going anywhere!
- Part of the foundation of our faith is the ability to not understand where we’re going but to go anyway.
- God has called you to thrive in the middle of waters you do not understand.
- Matthew 11:28-30
- Peace is a Person, so it doesn’t matter what situation or location I am in as long as I bring the Prince of Peace into it.
- Panic is contagious, but so is peace.
- I don’t want to be a Christian that can only function if everything is functional.
- If we can’t figure out how to function when everything is going crazy around us then we’re not living the life Christ has for us. If I can’t tell how I’m going to make it through it then that means God is going to lead me through.
- Control what you can (your spirit), and then pray about the rest (your circumstances).
- What is happening to us does not have to change what is coming through us.
- Philippians 4:6-8
- How many people are around us right now that we don’t even realize God wants to use us in their lives because we’re so focused on what’s not happening in our lives?
- Peace is my portion. If there’s any area of my life that doesn’t have peace in it, I must fight for it because peace is my portion.
You can (which I always recommend) watch the sermon for yourself here:
It sounds like next week is going to be great, so see you then!
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!