It’s Tuesday, so you know what that means! (Hint: I don’t mean tacos. Although that sounds wonderful too.) (And if you DON’T know what that means, well, stick around and see if you notice a pattern of what I post on Tuesdays. 😉 )
Our service began with a tribute to Martin Luther King Jr., including a fantastic solo and violinist. Then we sang “Greater Than Your Love” by Elevation Worship, followed by “Mighty God (Another Hallelujah)” and a baptism. After the testimonies and baptism, we sang the hymns “Solid Rock” and “‘Tis So Sweet” before going into Elevation Worship’s “Do It Again” and “It Is So”.
Ballantyne campus pastor Jonathan Josephs brought us the message this week, continuing our Flip the Flow series.
- Genesis 11:2-9
- Genesis 9:1
- Are you building in a place God never asked you to settle in?
- So often the way the enemy will lure me away from the plan of God is not through trials and temptations but through comfort. He knows he can’t disqualify me from the plans of God, but if he can tempt us to compromise in areas of our lives, then we begin to settle in a place God never intended us to stay in.
- Am I prioritizing God’s plans over my own or my plans over God’s?
- Maybe sometimes we’ll discover the plan of God in our lives by obeying the commands He’s told us to do.
- While I may not be able to know God’s plan, I can know when I’m acting according to my own plans.
- It’s my plan when it’s too selfish, too easy, and too small. My plans revolve around me.
- When I live by plans that are too selfish, I can obtain success, but not significance.
- Significance can only be found when I live my plan according to the plan of God.
- Am I settling for something attainable, something I can do in my own strength, or something that requires faith? How many of my plans require me to be more dependent on God?
- Maybe the confusion is a sign of God’s compassion, that He is tenderly drawing you into His plans for your life.
- Proverbs 19:21
- Even if things aren’t going according to my plan, I can trust that the purposes of God will always prevail.
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to follow my blog, share it with your friends, and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!