Two sets of church notes two days in a row! This post is my notes from this past weekend.
We began worship with “God of the Promise”, followed by “Who You Say I Am” by Hillsong Worship and a baptism. Then a new Elevation Worship song was introduced, “Love Won’t Give Up”. We sang one of my favorite songs, “King of My Heart” and finished up with “No Longer Slaves“.
We started a new sermon series for the new year, Flip the Flow. The first series of the year are always my favorite.
My notes read:
- Matthew 15:10-19
- Where something comes out is not usually where it comes from.
- Offense, origin, outcome
- Are we going to spend this year living out of tradition or living according to truth?
- Sometimes we are living out scripts that we don’t even know the author of.
- This year I’m not letting my truth flow from tradition, I’m letting my traditions flow from truth.
- Are we using God as a cover-up for our dysfunctional behavior?
- People are talking about truth, but God embodies truth.
- God’s insight is greater than people’s opinions.
- Start with what God says, not with what you see.
- Don’t just fix things on the surface, go deep!
- Where it comes from determines where it comes out; out of the heart, the mouth speaks.
- Pay attention to the types of thoughts you feed your heart.
- If I fix it on the surface, I have to sustain it on my own strength.
We ended with a reprise of “King of My Heart“.
You can watch the message here (which I highly recommend!):
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!