Hey everyone, I hope you had a great New Year’s Eve and day! One of my favorite New Year’s traditions is live-streaming Elevation Church’s Praise Party to go into the new year. Since Elevation did not hold its regular services this weekend in anticipation of the Praise Party, my notes this week are from the praise party.
We kicked off the night singing “Echo“, followed by Hillsong Young and Free’s “Let Go“. We continued with “Won’t Stop Now” before pausing to reflect over our year as a church, and totaling up the GameChanger offering, which was over $12 million dollars! Worship continued with “There is a Cloud“, “It Is So”, and “Here Again“, some of my favorites, before Pastor Steven came out and gave us the message, “Come Through Drippin’“.
My notes from it read:
- Exodus 14:26-29
- Resolutions are cheap; resilience is priceless.
- Sometimes we escape to things that we end up being enslaved by.
- Transition is traumatic.
- A lot of times you’ll find out that what you’re asking God for, you’re not prepared to carry.
- When God brings you out of something, He does not let you choose your escape route.
- When God calls you out, He leads you–sometimes in strange ways.
- What you went through that did not destroy you will be used to deliver you–it wasn’t meant to kill you; it was meant to kill your enemies. There are some things God had to kill so they wouldn’t kill me.
- Exodus 14:30
- God uses what I went through to set me free from what I came from.
- Exodus 3:21-22
- We don’t come through like we went in.
- Stop mourning over what God has rejected in your life and has already made a plan to replace.
I can’t wait to see what sermons are coming in the next couple of weeks; so far some of my favorite sermon series have been the ones at new years.
You can watch the full message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!