The worship this week consisted of singing:
“Our God” by Chris Tomlin
“I Love You Lord”
“Reckless Love” by Cory Asbury
After that, University City campus pastor Larry Brey spoke. My notes read:
- Acts 3:1-7
- If you are ordinary, you are positioned to be mightily used by an extraordinary God.
- Most stories in Scriptures are of ordinary people trusting an extraordinary God.
- Success is what you build for yourself; significance is what you give away for God. You can be extremely successful in life and not have significance, because your significance is tied to your sacrifice.
- Faith is not just believing for it, it’s sacrificing towards it.
- There is a language and a lifestyle to faith. You must talk it and walk it.
- If it’s about a bunch of people and not a person then it’s not personal.
- Shallow values will lead to empty victories.
- My responsibility is to keep sacrificing, God’s is to keep saving.
- Faith doesn’t mean you don’t doubt, it just means there’s a game changer you go back to.
I don’t have a whole lot of notes this week because a lot of the message was personal testimonies, but it was really good–both my mom and I could not stop crying. You can watch the message here:
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!