Time for one of my top five favorite posts of the week! 😉
The worship this week began with singing “Won’t Stop Now“, followed by a touching testimony and baptism (although I probably say that every week), “There is a Cloud“, and a new song from Elevation Worship, “It is So”.
Pastor Furtick was back in the house this week to start a new series called Gamechanger! My notes read as follows:
- Go with what God spoke over how you feel.
- Matthew 6:1-4
- When you really begin to have an encounter with God, the first thing He’ll do is challenge your values.
- The church seems to be really good at challenging the value system of the world, but Jesus is really good at challenging the value system of the church.
- It’s not “Are you playing the game right?” but “Are you playing the right game?”
- If the behavior is right but the belief beneath the behavior is not right — if your values are shallow, your victories will be empty. Beneath the behavior is a belief that led to the behavior .
- The grace of God is a gamechanger; when it becomes operative in your life, you can’t insist on God relating to you one way and then you turn around and treat people another way. That grace has to flow through you and to you…if you don’t give it, you don’t got it. When grace shows up, it changes the game.
- Your reason [for giving, for following God, etc] determines your reward.
- It’s not about getting your reward in another place, it’s about getting it from another place.
- If I do it for people, then I have to get it from people.
- 1 Corinthians 9:17
- When you have crappy values you’ll never have lasting joy.
You can watch the message here, which I would recommend because he uses a lot of analogies that I didn’t write down. Check it out:
We finished out with singing “It is So” again.
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!