Happy Tuesday, folks!
Worship began this week with “God of the Promise“, followed by “Greater Than Your Love“. After a testimony and baptism, we began singing Hillsong Worship’s “What A Beautiful Name“, and Elevation Worship’s “Mighty Cross“. After a little video update of how Elevation Worship’s been on tour, we heard a message from Wade Joye, the worship pastor.
My notes read:
5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- Priority: The Levities’ sacrifices honored God because they made it a priority.
- When you show up to worship even if you don’t feel it, that’s not being fake–it’s being faithful.
- Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you–that promise is for the mountain tops as well as the valleys.
- Don’t judge the story of your life by this chapter.
- You have to go through the chapters of pain to get to the chapters of joy and breakthrough.
- Do not forfeit the strength that God wants to give you because of misaligned priorities.
- Perspective: How many times do we look at something from so close up and have no idea what we are looking at?
- 1 Chronicles 23:28-29
- Some of the things that look the least worshipful to me look the most worshipful to God.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31
- When you begin to look at what you’re doing as worship, you go into it more expectant. You just have to show up and say yes.
We ended with singing “Hallelujah Here Below“.
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!