Welcome back to my church notes posts! And it’s actually posted at 9am EST on Tuesday like planned! 🙂
Worship began with “Let Go” Hillsong Young and Free, followed by “Won’t Stop Now” (Elevation Worship) and”With You”, new music from Elevation Worship. There was a break for a sweet baptism of newlyweds, then we continued with one of my favorite songs, “Here as in Heaven” by Elevation Worship.
Jonathan Josephs, campus pastor of Ballyntyne, preached this week. My notes read as follows:
- Romans 12:1-5
- Religion says that if you do works, God loves, but Romans says that God loves, and in response to that, we do good works.
- Changing our hearts is God’s job, but it is up to us to change our minds.
- I cannot change my behavior without first addressing my thinking.
- The first thing we are called to change is our motives.
- I cannot make a change in something that I am conforming to.
- God is far less concerned with what we’re doing, and is more concerned with why we’re doing it.
- As a follower of Christ, I’ve got to have a greater motivation than impressing people.
- The opposite of humility is not arrogance, but ignorance–humility is self-awareness.
- I have to think about myself in a view that is accurate with what God thinks about me.
- We often stay stuck in cycles of our mind because we fail to think of ourselves the way God sees us.
- The source of our confidence should be who we are in Christ.
- You can’t try to modify your behavior without addressing your identity.
- Watch who you hang out with–who makes up your network.
- In order to make a significant change in your life, you need a network to support and encourage you.
- God’s plan for your life involves community.
- Even if you think you don’t need anyone else, what if someone else needs you?
- The way we know the voice of God is when we align our thinking with the mind of Christ so that we make decisions that align my life with what God has for me.
- Renewing our minds means a complete renovation of them.
- We give God our whole lives, not because we are trying to earn anything from God, but because He already gave us His life.
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!