(Sorry this post is late!)
This week at church we continued our “Triggered” series with “Everything Must Go“. Sarah Jakes Roberts and her family came all the way out from L.A. to bring us this powerful word!
The morning started off with singing “Echo” by Elevation Worship (which has now finally been released onto YouTube!), followed by “Greater Than Your Love” and a baptism. We continued with one of my favorites, “Tremble“, and “Resurrecting” before getting into the message.
Peter Denies Jesus, and Weeps Bitterly
69 Now Peter sat outside in the courtyard. And a servant girl came to him, saying, “You also were with Jesus of Galilee.”
70 But he denied it before them all, saying, “I do not know what you are saying.”
71 And when he had gone out to the gateway, another girl saw him and said to those who were there, “This fellow also was with Jesus of Nazareth.”
72 But again he denied with an oath, “I do not know the Man!”
73 And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, “Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you.”
74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!”
Immediately a rooster crowed. 75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.
- What looked like hell was actually promotion.
- It’s not that Jesus left you; it’s that He’s calling you up to another level.
- You can’t be a people-pleaser and a kingdom establisher at the same time.
- You’ve been wondering where Jesus is but He’s been asking you where you are.
- Jesus had to move so that He could move.
- When you don’t move, God sends things to move you.
- You can become so disconnected from who you used to be that you can’t even connect to who that is.
- Everything that’s in you that doesn’t believe must go so that your heart and life are ready for the prophetic word on your life.
- God saved me to make darkness tremble and to break generational curses and I will not be satisfied until I see heaven on earth. Everything else must go.
- What is in me that’s keeping me from the anointing on me?
- God built His church on broken people.
We ended with a call to salvation and reprise of “Resurrecting“.
Again, sorry this wasn’t up on Tuesday like normal! 🙂 Thanks for your patience!
Like the content you see and want to support me? The best ways to do so are to share my blog with your friends and to Buy me a coffee. Thanks for your support!