The worship began with singing “Echo” by Elevation Worship with special guest Tauren Wells, followed by “Call Upon the Lord” and a baptism. Then Tauren told us the story behind his song “Hills and Valleys” before singing a touching acoustic rendition of it. That was followed by “Here Again” by Elevation Worship before the message began.
It’s a No Go Sermon Notes:
“15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.
To Live Is Christ
19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,”
- You can end up blaming God’s sovereignty for your lack of responsibility.
- It might be out of your control but it’s still in God’s hands.
- See yourself as stationed rather than stuck.
- I’m not asking God to reduce my conflict; I’m asking Him to increase my courage.
- Released in reverse–you can be stuck in your situation but free in your spirit.
- God is more interested in delivering us on the inside than the outside.
- We are more concerned with our scenery than our spirits.
- Set people free from your need for them to validate you.
- I don’t need my situation to change because God has already set me free.
- Real freedom is freedom only Jesus can give you, and no one can take it away.
- There is a way of remembering the past that will either paralyze the potential of today or fuel your faith for tomorrow.
- God says “go” and the details will unfold as your obedience does.
- Divine empowerment often awaits human initiative.
- Acts 16:4-something (Pastor kept going back to the passage so I’m not exactly sure what verse he ended on)
- Stop giving the devil credit for the things that God is trying to do in your life.
- Just because God says “no” doesn’t mean it’s over.
- Not Over…Go! GO = “Greater Opportunity”
- God is with you in the “no” and the “yes”.
- Sometimes you have to pass by your plans to get to God’s purpose.
- God didn’t show up looking like an angel; He showed up looking like a need.
- If God says “no”, there’s something He knows that I don’t know. I serve Him; He doesn’t serve me.
- Those of us in the Western world are here because of a church Paul started out of God telling him “no” to something else.
- If we receive God’s “yes” with praise, why can’t we receive His “no” with trust?
- You keep thinking that because things didn’t turn out as planned that you’re outside of God’s will, but you’re where you’re supposed to be and you’re who you’re supposed to be. It was God all along, in the yes’s and the no’s.
- God will never turn away the one that comes to Him in faith.
You can check out the full message here:
Additionally, I made some phone wallpapers inspired by this week’s worship and message, which you can find saved in the “Inspo” story highlight on my Instagram page. Every Wednesday, I make a couple of wallpapers and post and save them there for you all!
That’s all for now! Thank you all for your patience with me; this past week has been so crazy.
Like the content you see? Like this post and be sure to subscribe to my blog and share it with your friends! Want even more content from me? Check out my Instagram pageand Twitter. Want to support me? Buy me a coffee