The service began in worship, singing “God of the Promise” and “Greater Than Your Love” by Elevation Worship (neither of which have been officially released onto YouTube yet), and then went into baptism. It continued with singing “10,000 Reasons” by Matt Redman and “Hallelujah Here Below” by Elevation Worship.
I was super excited to see that this week’s message was brought by Lisa Harper! I heard her speak at a women’s event almost a year ago now and her story is incredible. Her sense of humor always has me rolling laughing, and her personal testimonies and relating of Scripture come together and touch my heart.
My notes read as follows:
My Redeemer Lives
- Sometimes God wants to purify us and pain is the conduit for that.
- This pruning is going to cause prolific growth.
- Job’s uprightness did not cause him to be immune from difficultly, it promoted him to difficultly.
- Some of what I’m walking through is because God knows I can handle it in a way that will produce more fruit and bring Him more glory.
- Usually we think to be in grief, it’s the opposite of worship. But to God, to have a broken heart and raised hands is on the same continueum.
- Jesus eclipses the things we hold onto, thinking they’ll give us hope.
- Healthy grief, godly grief, does not demand an audience or an applause.
- God never intended for us to bring all of ourselves to all of humanity. He wants us to bring all of ourselves to Him.
- We’ve got to run to Jesus first in our grief.
- Job 19:13
“He has removed my brothers far from me,
And my acquaintances are completely estranged from me.”
- We change, but God’s love is steadfast.
- Job 19:25-7
“For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!”
- God makes the veil thin in pain so we can see Him better.
- If we could understand that in the pit, we see Jesus more clearly, we wouldn’t fear the pain.
Like the content you see? Like this post and be sure to subscribe to my blog and share it with your friends! Want even more content from me? Check out my Instagram page and Twitter. Want to support me? Buy me a coffee