This past weekend’s experience began with a tribute to LOVE week being this week, and then worship began with “Echo” by Elevation Worship (not yet officially released on YouTube). Following that was a baptism and then the music continued with “Fullness” by Elevation Worship (one of my personal favorites!) and “Better Word” by Elevation Worship (also not yet released onto YouTube).
My notes on “Alignment Determines Assignment” read as follows:
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
- You can’t get a promise without a process.
- If you will, God will.
- Matthew 7:7-8
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”
- When I align myself with what God is doing, it opens my assignment.
- A lot of us pray, “God, bless what I’m doing!” when we need to be doing what He’s already blessing.
- The difference between power and authority: you have all the power to get anywhere you want to go, but it is your alignment with the authority in front of you that opens doors for you that you cannot open.
- The Bible is not a book of destiny, it’s a book of decisions.
- God determines your destiny but you determine your destination.
- John 14:12
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”
- We disqualify ourselves for mistakes we’ve made.
- Philippians 4:8
“ Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”
- Think Good Thoughts
- Have you ever written yourself out because you feel inadequate?
- It’s important for us to honor our gifts, but you’d better know what your calling is; gifts and callings are different and if I don’t know the difference between a gift and a calling, I will go to the highest bidder for my gift and prostitute my calling to anybody that honors my gift.
- Giftings are cultivated through practice; callings are cultivated through prayer.
- Exodus 14:13-16
“13 And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. 14 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”
15 And the Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward. 16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it. And the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.”
- The Lord will fight for you, you need only be still–not stand still, be still.
- If you want to align yourself with what God has called you to do, you already have everything you need.
- You have to exercise what you have access to.
- God’s called you to walk through what you’re in right now. He may not deliver you out of it because He wants to pull you through it, because the pulling you through it is going to make you who He’s called you to be.
2. Think God Thoughts
- If you want the enemy to steal your dreams, just do nothing, and he will, but if you want God to do something in your life, just keep moving!
- What you see is not all there is.
- You can’t get over it until you go through it; you can’t get past it until you deal with it.
- We have to keep walking forward to get to the answer God already provided–don’t stop in the middle of pain because promise is on the other side of process.
3. Think Grateful Thoughts
- You can’t mess with a grateful person; you can’t mess up somebody who knows how to be grateful.
- Psalm 23
“The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
- The valley of the shadow is where God comes closest; you stop talking about Him and start talking to Him.
- A light causes a shadow–you can’t have a shadow without a light.
- All of a sudden my haters become my elevators because God’s got a plan if I’ll just submit to it. On the other side of this the thing that I despise will be the thing that I look back on and say, “That defined me.” If I hadn’t gone through that, I wouldn’t be who I am; it was the pain that got me to the promise.
- Some of you have accepted an identity that is not you; it’s what had happened to you.
Y’ALL. This message is so worth the watch. If you thought my notes were good, be sure to watch the full sermon! I’m sure I must have missed some things because there was so much good packed into it. And, the preacher is absolutely hilarious! He had me rolling laughing.
You can watch the full message here:
Like the content you see? Like this post and be sure to subscribe to my blog and share it with your friends! Want even more content from me? Check out my Instagram page and Twitter. Want to support me? Buy me a coffee